Goodbye Sweet Friend

 First, I would like to say Thank you to you all who have joined with me for praying for our sweet friend who was ill.

I did not post her name for I knew she was a truly private person and I knew that God knew who you were praying for and that was all that really mattered. 

It is with great regret that I have to share with you the passing of our dear Meg Donahue at Live to Stitch blog.  (click on Live to Stitch and it will take you to her blog).

She passed away Friday November 19.  Please go to her blog and read her lovely posts. Please start way back and read from her first to the last post. She was truly a talented and gifted lady. She also has a few designs on her blog that she created. Maybe, one day in the future we can all do a stitch a long of them in her honor. 

She was always very kind to me, and I am sure to all of you who were lucky enough to call her friend and read her lovely blog. I always looked so forward to getting her e-mails, comments and cards in the mail. She had such a loving and caring spirit. She even went along with my crazy Jo and Mo stories. She encouraged me in many of my creative pursuits as well. 

Even though she had her own health issues, she still prayed with me for mine and she always asked how I was doing, too.  She was an amazing person who shined a bright light of love into this world through all she did. Yes, we who were able to know her, were truly blessed. 

She called me on my birthday and I was so surprised and truly blessed by that call. She shared her heart with me and I felt honored to have the chance to speak with her. She spoke of working on a Christmas stocking and the importance of enjoying your stitching and not worrying about the little things. 

Now sweet Meg can rest without any pain in Heaven.  I have been blessed to know her and I will miss her. 

Please continue to pray for her family. Grief is always hard, but especially around the holidays. Let us all unite in prayer and lift them up to Him. May His Spirit comfort them.

Thank you dear friends for your prayers and please read her blog and enjoy all the beautiful stitching and photos she left for us all to enjoy. 

Blessings always. 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your dear friend Meg. I will be praying for her family, you and all who knew her and I will look at her blog creations too.
    Much love and warm hugs,
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend for your prayers. She was such a lovely and kind person. I think you will love her blog. It's nice to think that in a small way she is still with us with her blog posts and lovely projects. Blessings to you always dear friend. :)

      Delete
  2. Joining you and others in prayer for Meg's Family and those who
    love her. Bless you for sharing her blog so we can also get to
    know her wonderful spirit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers for dear Meg's family. She truly did have a lovely and wonderful spirit. I know I will miss her wisdom and kindness. I could never create the lovely items she did, but she inspired me to at least try. Blessing to you as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh :( I remember Meg from a good while ago when I used to Cross-stitch. Her last blog post is so sweet and I have saved the link so that I can go back and re-read others, I had a little browse and that is definitely a good inspiration to do something positive. Thanks for sharing the news about Meg and I hope her blog continues to inspire.

    ReplyDelete