Monday, April 3, 2017

Unattended Children

I am still working on my test knit for the doily
....more than half way finished on that one. Yay. It's so much fun to knit up. I can't post anything yet, but after it's published I will show you all then. The designer is awesome. I love her patterns. Nope, can't even give that info out either.

I started a crochet test cowl today.  I am using the Vanna Style yarn from Lion Brand. It's a size 3 so it's not as heavy as the normal worsted weight 4.  It's super soft and yummy to work with. Sadly, I only bought four skeins....of which no two are the same....yeah, isn't that always the crazy butt stuff that I do....I know...I know.  :)

Has anyone else gotten on the Lion Brand Mandala Yarn craze.  Apparently, it's one of those balls of yarn with all kinds of colors in it and it's all the rage.  Wal mart is suppose to have it, not mine of course.  All my Wal mart seems to have are unattended children that run around the aisles screaming at the top of their lungs, but I digress.  By the time I stagger towards the yarn section in the store with a headache the size of Texas (you know from all those unattended children screaming) I find a few skeins of Red Heart and Simply Soft that appear to have been,  I am just guessing,  unwilling participants in one of those unattended children's rampages through the store...just saying.  I never find any yarn worth having at my Wal mart anymore.  Why?

Let me know if any of you find Mandala yarn out there and if you have used it.  I want to know what you think about it. Is it good for crochet or knit, or both.

So what is on your needles/hooks today?  Starting any new projects?

I hope you all have a most lovely day sweet friends.  :)


4 comments:

  1. I haven't done any of the mandala's that have seemed so popular. They just don't interest me for some reason. How do you find all of the test knitting? I think that would be fun to do sometime.
    I hear you on unattended children. I didn't realize it was the end of spring break in Missoula this weekend. At our hotel Friday night it was crazy busy until 11:00 when they close the pool. THen it was nice and quiet. Saturday night though. Oh my!!! Children running up and down the halls until I finally fell asleep at 2:30 a.m. The upstairs corridor was right above our bed because of the hotel layout. That has never happened before, but my question to Dennis was, where are the parents. We should have called the front desk, but I've never been one of "those" people. Even our grandchildren asked why those kids were acting like that. There is a real lack of respect for other people out there these days. Okay. End of Rant!!!
    Have a great afternoon my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend, how horrible to have to be tortured in that way. I don't honestly blame the children because I know they have not been taught to respect others. I am not surprised because I see it a lot in adults, too. Our society has changed, and not for the better. It's sort of simple. If you would not like it done to you, then don't do it to someone else. I am glad you got to spend time with your son and grandchildren. It's always nice to see family. I hope you are feeling much better sweet friend. ((hugs)) Blessings always.

      Delete
  2. happy easter dear.
    love and smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Michaels store is carrying the Lion Mandela and I managed to resist buying any [tell me you are proud of me]. I have a friend who received a shawl her sister made from LM and it is pretty and soft. But if you could see my yarn stash you would understand my restraint in buying more yarn. I wish I were as fast a stitcher as Betsy! xx

    ReplyDelete