Monday, January 30, 2017

Then The Winds Shifted

The winds shifted and now, of course, I am off the knitted shrug and onto crochet doilies again.

For what ever reason, my yarn seems too rough to me,  and I can't seem to get "into" the groove and make something from it

. I ripped it out, knitted again, ripped it out and then after about the fifth time ....I just said out loud DOILY!

Hubby said, without even looking up from what he was reading, "That's what you should been doing all along."  I smiled, he knows me so well.

I was trying to use the Red Heart Super Saver yarn, I've used it in the past, but for what ever reason, it seems rough to me right now. So I am gonna continue on with my crochet cotton and crochet doily making.

I might need to dig through the stash and find some softer yarn....but that would be for another time. :)

I hope you are all staying warm out there today. We awoke to twenty something but our skies are blue and the flurries that fell last night are fading away as the warm morning sun.  Perfect day for hooking.

Blessings to you one and all sweet friends.  :)

6 comments:

  1. haha! Have fun my friend! Have fun. And no. I am not warm. Not at all. It is 10ยบ right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that the Redheart shrug went away but I can understand. I just cannot use Redheart yarn anymore. I actually get a rash from it. I think it has something to do with the sizing that they put on it. Once it's washed it's fine. Unfortunately I haven't figured out a way of washing the yarn while it's still in the skein! Enjoy your doilies. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the winds just shift... and we go with the flow! ;) Enjoy your crochet for today... blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I haven't commented here in ages. I'm a terrible friend. What doily are you making? Did you decide on one? You know where all the patterns are if you're looking for something! ๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been spoiled by all the nice yarn the magazines send me to work with, and now it's hard for me to go back to acrylic. (Aaack! I'm turning into a yarn snob!)

    You go ahead and crochet a doily, goily.

    P.S. It's 12° here, low of 6 tonight. Not too bad for February, but definitely good crochet weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely get it! I am very spoiled working with merino wool and silks...I'm using a wool/nylon blend and hate every minute I stitch. I have to get it finished, and I'm sure it will be wonderful once it's washed, but I am definitely becoming a yarn snob. Sigh. Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete