Thursday, July 10, 2014

Townsend's Gap



It's a quiet night in Townsends Gap. The brisk wind blows past the open fields on the edge of town. The temps have fallen to the point of where the snow can not melt. It covers every thing in the town and has left small frozen water falls on the edges of the mountain side. The town sits between  two mountains, it is the only flat area for miles.

The sky is clear and although there is talk of snow in the future, right now, there is only stars that twinkle in the sky reflecting their beams of light upon the snow.  A blanket of calmness has covered the town in peacefulness.

The creek that flows through the valley is frozen over and the edges are covered with a thick layer of snow that fell during the day. The moon can not be seen for after the day light gave way to the darkness the moon slowly drifted beyond the cliff's edge to where the tall pines cover the mountains.

A wolf cries out in the distance breaking the silence of the town. The wind blows past the flag at the  school,  leaving a clank, clank noise from the hoist. The sound seems to chime like a bell that echoes beyond the edges of the town and up the sides of the mountains and then back down again.

.....that's it for now....snow is gonna be falling soon, I'll be back with an updated pic when it does.

Happy Stitching.   :)


7 comments:

  1. aww it so beautiful my dear..
    truly stunning..
    kisses and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The picture and your story. You are a lady of many talents aren't you? I still have only completed the kitty cross-stitch, what with all of my company coming and going. I started the Wonderful Wallaby for Piper last week and have been lucky to do a row or two a day on it. Not like me at all. All I have left is the packet and hood though and it will be finished. Yippee!

    Now...I only have squares to do for a charity group I'm in, baby hats for the hospital and those little advent animals are calling out to me too. I hear them, even though they're in my bag clear out in the camper, 25 miles away!

    Blessings my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Makes me want to pick up me needle and cross stitch away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been missing you like crazy!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've got the whole town done! I think it will be fun to see the snow on it.. I like the snow scene - it makes me feel cool on a warm day. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous sampler and loved your enchanting story.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete