Wednesday, June 18, 2014

SAL for Advent Animals from Brooke's Blog

I am a little slow out of the gate at times....I know, it's true...but when I saw this, go ahead, follow the link, I'll wait for you.....aren't they the cutest!

Yes, I have to stitch them.  Each and every single one of them.

In stead of doing them as separate ornaments I am going to put them on one piece of fabric (at least that is my goal at this point).  This might change, depending on several things.

Seriously, aren't these the cutest little guys you've ever seen. I am just head over needle in love with them.

Now I just have to figure out how to explain to Hubs that yes, I have over 400 colors of DMC floss, and yes, I did just buy quite a few (it's for another project) but I need more.  It's always an interesting conversation. It usually ends with him shaking his head and me smiling as he drives me to Ye Ole' Michael's Craft Store.  I asked him the other day if he wanted to see my latest project...he said no! He said he's rather wait until it was finished.

Poor Dude doesn't realize he married the Queen of Starts.

So if anyone wants to join me in the SAL for these adorable little Advent Animals...please just leave a comment and let me know. That way I can follow your blog and then we can share our progress. Maybe we could pick one day a month to share a post on our blogs of what we've stitched so far.

Ok, now I am trying to think of fabric ideas...colors...what size I will need. How many in a row....Hmmmm I do have an idea (of course I do) but not sure yet. I might need to pull out the graph paper and dust off the ole grey cells to figure it all out. Hmmm.

Oh, and please check your comments, I am leaving comments but I am being told that you are not getting my e-mails to let you know that I am leaving comments. (And that a few others are having this same issue). The only way around this appears to be if you moderate your blogs comments.  That way you will see all the comments being left to you because you'd have to approve them before they are published.  Just know that I am reading your awesome blogs and leaving comments.  :)

Wishing you all a most lovely day sweet friends.  :) 

13 comments:

  1. Happy stitching my dear..
    Sweet hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ho! I have been printing them all off. I love them. Too adorable. As for stitching them? Well sometime in the future. Definitely not this summer though. Too many other things lined up! I am interested to know how you will stitch them. I don't think I want to stitch them all on one piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of like the way they look in one piece, like a sampler type of thing. But it does limit what you can do with them. They are so adorable and would make perfect ornaments for the tree as well. Still not sure about the f abby that I will use...still thinking. :)

      Delete
  3. They are cute as all get out aren't they. LOL And if you are late...me too also. XP (shameface inserted HERE) I would love to collect the sunshine lines collection...they are so adorable. I'll join you in an SAL of them! (But realize I tend fly through them like the air we breathe. XD I will slow my pace to yours ONLY for these....just for YOU. LOL I know how you are with stitching....you'd leave me in the dust if it was knitting. They measure 3 x 3 3/4 each. So just let me know when you get started and we'll figure out the day to show & tell on. HUGGLES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am just thrilled that you will join me for the SAL. Yay! Sending you an email. :)

      Delete
  4. Those are seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of makes you want to cross stitch....right? :)

      Delete
  5. Lol you are way too funny, Queen of Starts, lol! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet sister for the kind words. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh boy... a new project! I'm also a new project fanatic. You have a very nice husband.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! And.......I finished the runner today. It's blocking right now and I hope to get a picture tomorrow morning for the old blog. So_that means I have nothing in particular going on right now. Maybe it's a good time to break out the cross stitch fabric. I'll have to think on it a bit.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up - I really like the idea of a single piece of linen with them all stitched together... now to go figure it all out./.....

    ReplyDelete