Friday, June 13, 2014

Here we go again...

I was finally getting some peace and quiet since Mo and Jo had joined up for summer camp. Nope, I have no idea where they went, and trust me, after Jo's little adventure last year to places I had never even heard of,  I decided it probably was best that I just did not ask where they were going.

Needles to say that when the door bell rang, I did not answer it. I never answer my door bell. Nope, I sure don't.  I waited until I could hear the footsteps leave my stoop and then looked out the window. It was our trusty mailman Bob. He leaves stuff on my stoop all the time, which is perfectly fine with me.

I opened the door and then saw before my feet a 11 x 14 envelope. Hmmm. I picked it up and brought it inside. I laid it on the table and just stared at it. The address was typed, so I could not tell from the handwriting who might have sent it...and of course the post mark was all smudged and I am not gonna name names (BOB), but there was a small grease stain the size of a thumb print on the lower left corner...Bob eats his lunch before he stops at my house. He parks down the way where the street dead ends into the woods and partakes of his noon meal there.  Once I got an empty sandwich bag in-between my junk mail...yep, crumbs and all. From the smell of it, Bob was eating bologna that day.

So I just left the envelop there on the table and made me some tea. I needed a spot of tea as for I had spent the morning cleaning and doing laundry.  After I made my tea I sat down at the table and opened the envelope.

I saw this inside,




 along with a few skeins of white dmc floss, a 15 x 18 piece of navy blue aida fabric and a note scribbled in Mr  Cross Stitch's almost illegible handwriting. "Sorry."  I smiled. He was kind of a class act Mr. Cross Stitch. All the year's we've been together...gosh, I had to stop and remind myself that it truly was going on almost thirty years. Wow. That's a long time to have a friend.  Oh sure we've had spats and arguments, but in the end, we always remain friends.

The fabric is too small for the entire design, but I am going to do a portion of the design from left of the church where the two trees are to the end of the chart on the right.

Why am I doing a winter scene in the middle of the hot, sticky summer.....did I just hear someone ask? Oh that's easy...if I can't be cool, then at least I can stitch cool!  :)

If you need me I will be camping out under the Ott light, wearing my readers that would give the Hubble a run for it's money and stitching away.   Life is good...I am very blessed indeed.

Happy Weekend!  :)

9 comments:

  1. Very blessed indeed! That is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be fun to do! Enjoy, my dear friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very fun project Vicki. I'm down to the last fore squares and then the border for the runner and then I can MAKE OTHER THINGS!!! I'm very excited by that.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot. Maybe you could leave a container of baby wipes by the trees for Bob to clean his hands off with after he eats.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it a new cross stitch chart?? So pretty
    Enjoy your weekend with hugs and smiles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to cross stitch-- but it's been awhile. Had to give it up for my knitting obsession :)
    These patterns are beautiful- I think you will enjoy working on them this summer-- so that you can decorate with them this winter!!

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend-- thanks for stopping by to see me, you are so special to me.
    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful what a great fun surprise for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, Mr Cross Stitch is obviously trying to keep you on side, lol

    Feet up and enjoy yourself!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness..I hope Mo and Jo get back home really soon..I am glad you are finding joy with the cross stitch..I haven't had a chance to look for the pattern..maybe tonight or tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete