Thursday, June 5, 2014

Crazy butt strikes again!

I had written a little more in the story...and then took it down...which explains why everyone keeps trying to read the post but can't.  I am sorry. I was having one of those senior moments (I have been having them all my life really, but now I have an official name I can call it)!

I did not like how I wrote the last post of the story....so I took it down. I am kind of putting that story aside for now.  I have two more I am working on, but they are not Mo and Jo stories.  I plan to put them on  my writer's blog (just email me for the link). I will make the blog open so that anyone can read it, so you can "follow" my writer's blog and when I post a story on there, you will see it in your readers. That is if anyone wants to keep reading my crazy butt writings.  :)

 I have been given the privilege of doing a test doily for an awesome designer on Ravelry. I really love her designs. She just rocks!  Go on, take a look at all her lovely patterns, I'll wait for you. See, I told you her patterns are awesome!  She is also a very kind person, too.  She rocks!

 I have been turning the craft studio upside down looking for my number 4 double pointed knitting needles. The last I saw them they were in my knitting needle box....and now, of course that I need them, they appear to have sprouted legs and ran off....I won't go as far as to say it was a mutiny....but you can never tell with those fancy pants Addi's hanging around ....I don't have many of them, but the ones that I do have...they have attitude to spare!  Truth be told, I don't really like the Addi's....but I never say that out loud...I don't want to hurt their feelings.  I am more of a Chiao Goo Red Lace Circular kind of Gal.  I love their sharp points and they are truly a lot less expensive than the fancy pants Addi's.  But today I am hunting down a pair of bamboo double points with questionable heritage, since I don't recall what brand they are.  :)

Wish me luck that I will find them.  Jo has asked me to put out "feeler" if anyone wants to "take him in" for a while. He requires lots (and I do mean lots) of gingersnaps....a pack of "smokes" and he's kind of like a Gremlin...you can't feed him after midnight ....no direct sunlight...but truly he's loads of fun....Oh and Mo just chimed in to add "He's loads of fun in small doses".

Pssst....does anyone want to take Mo, too?


Wishing you all a most lovely day sweet friends.


8 comments:

  1. Congrats dear for making a doily :) for the designer ..beautiful work ..
    Sending you sweet hugs with love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can send whoever likes to clean and wouldn't mind spending hours crocheting on a lifesucking, thread eating tablecloth...oh they must like big dogs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are back at the tablecloth again I see. Hang in there, you are almost at the finish line sweet friend. I'll let Mo and Jo know about the invite....Mo wouldn't be any problem...but Jo...well....you know Jo! :)

      Delete
  3. I can not imagine anyone ever asking me to test anything! Wow, good for you. That is going to be fun, and I do like my Addi's but my knitpicks are now my current fav.
    Hugs to you, I do not have the energy for Jo, no offense to him.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she did not ask me, I asked her for the honor to test her doily pattern. I have knitted one of her doilies patterns in the past and really love it, so when I saw she was seeking testers, I asked if she would consider me...and Yay...she did! Normal Addi's are ok, but Addi's lace needles are not my favorite. I like the redline mentioned above...they seem to allow me to knit faster for what ever reason. No offense, Jo is a handful even on his best of days. :)

      Delete
  4. How nice to be doing a test knit. I've never done that before either. I would love to read your other stories if you want to send me the link.
    Mo and or Jo are welcome to visit, but the lake would be a pretty boring place for them. And all I'm working on at the present is the unending crocheted runner. I think I have about 20 more squares, then the border. Yippee!! There are so many things out there right now that I would like to be working on.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to you showing us your test project. You can keep mo and jo as I have 2 little grandsons that are enough of a noisy, busy distraction for me. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete