Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Creative cross roads......

I appear to be at some sort of creative cross roads. It happens every now and then. Sometimes it's a good thing. I stop and reflect on what I "really" want to do when I grow up sort of thing...yeah, still haven't grown up yet...but one must keep trying, right?  :)

After the demise of Mr. Crochet....I am kind of at an impasse, what now?

Oh sure, we all know the dead never really stay dead on my blog. It's probably just a matter of time before the drawer slowly opens at the morgue and Mr. Crochet jumps out complaining that his clothes are now wrinkled.  I have tried to knit...OMG! I wanted to poke my eyes out from the shear boredom of it all. Knitting is so much slower than crochet....which just left me there asking my crazy butt..."If you are bored with crochet, how on Earth will you never knit?" Easy answer. I won't!

Now don't get me wrong. I love seeing all the super cool things you all make. I think knitting and crochet are awesome ways to express your creativity...but for what ever reason, I seem to need....well, more.  Of what this more should consist of, I truly can not say...but there is a void.

Any ideas?


10 comments:

  1. Oh dear...
    Hugs and love
    Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross Stitch, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! I am in agreement with Kaye of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get your butt to my house for a visit!!!! I can breathe life into your crocheting hands...once you run your fingers through all my thread and feast your eyes on all my patterns...come on girl breathe.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, Vikki, that made me laugh! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm with Vicki. Mr. Crochet won't stay dead, I almost guarantee it. :-). Cross Stitch us fun too and you could always take up spinning or weaving. Oh my. I've now opened the priverbial can of worms.
    I'm sitting in the airport in Omaha where my flight is now delayed 7 hours. I hope I get home today sometime.
    Blessings my friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one stays dead very long with you, thank goodness. Once you see an exciting crochet pattern, or some amazing cross stitch you will be re-motivated. How about joining me in some weaving?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watercolor painting! Calligraphy! Printmaking, jewelry making, wood carving.. the list is endless. Take a class at your local community college. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed catching up with you on your blog tonight. Embroidering and cross stitching can be fun. I am with Teresa take a class in something that you would like to learn. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, poor Mr Crochet!!! Tell him he's always welcome here with me, lol
    If you don't want to knit or cross stitch or crochet, why not try a slightly different type, like tunisian crochet as you'll have new stitches and things to learn, it might get you interested again or looming or getting a knitting machine to try.
    Sewing??
    then there's always stuff like paper crafts.

    Let us know what you come up with anyhow

    :)

    ReplyDelete