Thursday, April 17, 2014

I am a hooker again......



It was most difficult to give up crochet...at first...and then as the days of Lent passed by....prayers, many prayers later...I soon learned that it's not so important that I crochet, as long as I am being creative.

I found a new love for cross stitch again....which was what I was doing when I first created this blog.
I would have never discovered any of this had I not given up crocheting for Lent.

I think doing Lent for me has drawn me closer to Him. I am so very blessed and thankful. All I can do is praise Him!

***************

 Today my friends starts our CAL for the doily over on my sidebar. If you follow the link, it will take you to the site where you can get the free pattern called "friendship doily".  

Come back and CAL with me.  

Don't forget to leave me a comment and tell me what colors you are using.   :)


7 comments:

  1. You are so good to give crocheting up for Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross-stitch was my thing before crochet took over. My eyes aren't what they used to be so I find crochet easier, though I do miss cross-stitching. Could never ever do big projects again. Small and simple is what I go for now. And I like combining both in projects so I should get to work on something. I think I need to go get some 14 count aida first. I swear I thought I had some around here. Wishing you a fabulous day and a wonderful Easter weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy it my dear..
    Happy stitching ...hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you can get back to crochet, but also happy that you've rekindled your love of cross stitch. I had just decided to try a small cross stitch project a couple of days ago when my friend called and asked me to make a BIG cover for their five drawer 6 foot cabinet at work. She say's it looks to "officy". Is that even a word? :-) She wants to pretty it up a bit. So that's what I'll be doing, probably for a long, long time.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm using a soft sage-ish green and white. It's beautiful so far!!! But I've gotten distracted from it while making chemo hats these last two weeks. Hopefully I'll still be on track to finish with everyone! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would join you, but I really shouldn't, not until I get some of these half doen projects here completed.

    I'll look forward to seeing your one progress, it's a lovely pattern.

    :)

    ReplyDelete