Thursday, March 20, 2014

What I am up to now!

I have started a few knitting projects and then frogged them...you know me, boredom is a killer of projects in my house. What is it about that first initial lusting over a project and then the desire to make it that sometimes fades into a loveless relationship?


When I first see something that I want to make,  I have to drop everything and start it...and then for whatever reason, as time goes on...I find that the "bloom is off the rose" so to speak...my first desire to conquer the project is left with more interest in frogging it and getting the thread/yarn back on the ball/skein.  I know, I am very fickle when it comes to projects. There are a lot started and not a lot finished...but for me the joy is in the dreaming about and the starting...not necessarily in the finished project.  

Ok, the shawl was started...then I did not like how it was going...so it has been frogged. But now I am going to try my hand at this.  Go ahead, click on the link, I'll wait for you. :)  I had bought four balls of Bernat Crochet Cotton in a lovely spring green color to make the shawl.....so now I think I will try to make this runner instead with the thread. If not, I also have some Cotton Fair yarn by Premier yarns that might do just as nicely.

I have started with the Bernat Crochet Cotton thread, using a size 3.75mm needle. It is giving a lovely lace effect, but it is also curling on one section. So I am not sure if I should go ahead and start the thicker Cotton Fair yarn or just hang in there and try to block at the end. Hmmm any ideas?

There are quite a few errors in this pattern. If you want to make this, please go to this site, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for "corrections" click on it and then find the name of the book.  It is important to look these over before starting.

There was also a note on another persons Ravelry page about this design needing to have the stitch markers put after the first four and then before the last four stitches because of the error in the pattern throws the marker placement off.

There is also another remark about how on the Chevron Edging decrease you should decrease to 49 instead of the 48 that is written in the book.

I am just passing this info along, having not actually knitted this myself yet, I can not confirm the last two corrections, but I will let you know when I get there.

Here in the blue grass state (no, there really is no blue grass here....well, I guess certain people who par-take of the whiskey might see blue grass, but I never have!) it's a lovely day in the 60's, the sun is out and the sky is blue...awwwww finally.....but then the weather Dude had to go an ruin it all by saying that it might snow again Tuesday and be back down in the 20's at night next week. Oh Pooh!

None of that talk of snow if gonna stop me from loving the warmth of today!  Nope! I am gonna enjoy the day, hope you all have a lovely day as well.  :)



10 comments:

  1. Do enjoy your first day of Spring, my friend! We have a warmish/coolish day here.. cloudy with sun breaks.. and I'm off to the falls to volunteer. I bet your runner will be fabooo! I'm taking my red shawl to work on while I talk to visitors from around the world. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your day is going well Vicki. It is sunny and almost 50º here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have bright blue sky today with no clouds in sight. Also no snow in the 10 day forecast. Dare I think we might be "out of he woods" as far of that nasty white stuff is concerned? That is a beautiful pattern you're making but very brave to make it with all of the errata involved. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes out.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARGH!!!! not even going to look at the forecast...stick a fork in me I am so done..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Spring! I think you have a bad case of startitis, I think a long, cold winter does that to people. i wish I had finishitis!
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table runner is lovely. Hopefully you will have a long and happy relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy spring day to you dear friend..��we are slowly moving towards autumn :)
    Happy day hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, that table runner is beautiful. I am so impressed that you look for the notes of the errors first!! I seem to NEVER remember to do that until AFTER I have run in to a problem. LOL! One of these days... one of these days! May you enjoy the few days of spring we have before winter tries to get its foot back in the door! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy those little snippets and promises of warmth! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a product knitting with a little bit of process on the side. If I don't enjoy the knitting the end product won't be achieved. But I knit to make the finished item. And I am not too upset by the return of cold since I just finished a shawl!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete