Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Delusions of Mo The Ending

Mr. Mc Floss allowed Mo to move back into the craft studio after he saw how much enjoyment Stitchy was getting from the knitting.  All was forgiven and life continued on as it always had in the house of Mc Floss.


Jo on the other hand was getting restless with all the knitting about. He was tiring of the many tablecloths Stitchy had started and then dumped on him to finish. He needed a break.

Stitchy walked into the kitchen to find Jo sitting at the bar eating a bowl of cereal. Mo was at the table eating dry toast with a cup of tea.

"How's it shaking, Toots's" Jo said as he smiled at Stitchy.

"I'm almost fifty Jo, everything shakes at this point in my life!"  Stitchy shot back as she walked towards the fridge to get some tea.

"What do you have planned for today?" Jo asked smiling and then quickly shoved a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"Not much. Mo and I were gonna head out to the knit shop later on, you are welcome to come if you'd like." she smiled and then threw two pieces of raisin bread into the toaster.

"I have a better idea." he began. "How about I give Sherri a call and see if she can put me up for a few days. I feel the call of Vegas." Jo smiled.

Stitchy looked at him and then at Mo.  Mo shrugged his shoulders and then continued to eat his dry toast.

"I guess it would be ok with me. But you have to call Sherri first, don't just show up on her door step."  Stitchy smiled as she started to smear cinnamon butter on her toast.

"Are we going to get any lace yarn today?" Mo asked as he put his plate and cup in the sink.

"I am not sure yet. I have several things I want to knit, but lately all I want to do is work with thread." Stitchy sat down at the table.

Jo got up and put his bowl and spoon in the sink and then started to walk out of the kitchen.

"Oh Jo, " Stitchy said, "Don't forget to finish the tablecloth before you go."

"Which one?" he asked as he turned to look at her.

"Doesn't matter as long as you finish one."  she smiled and then bit into her toast.

"I could take them with me and finish them at Sherri's."  Jo smiled.

"Ok." Stitchy replied and then she started to look through the latest knitting magazine that Mo had picked up on their last trip out to the knit shop.

Jo was thrilled at the idea that he was going to get to see Sherri and that he could take the tablecloths with him....he needed a break from all that knitting!

"Mo."  Stitchy said to him as he was knitting, " I am so glad we can knit together." she smiled.

Mo looked up and then smiled back, "Thank you for not giving up on me." he reached out for her hand.

She held his hand and then smiled at him, "Friends don't give up on each other Mo." and with that they both smiled.

So life is good now at the house of Mc Floss..

Down in the basement there was a burst of cold air as a hidden door beneath the stairway slowly opened.

"Mo?'  a voice said softly into the darkness, "Are you still there?" the voice asked.

Upstairs Mo was busy dreaming about the things he wanted to knit. He was unaware of the voice calling out his name in the basement, at least for now.

*********************

So who do you think the voice belongs to?  Don't say Mr. Cross Stitch...that would be way too easy, and you know I never do easy....who do you think the voice belongs to?

Taking a wee break from Mo and Jo stories (yep, you'll just have to wait to find out who the voice belongs to!).

In the mean time I will be busy knitting on the shawl...and maybe something for Easter, too.

Wishing you all a most wonderful day.  :)









15 comments:

  1. Is Jo ok...him leaving and taking a break from Stitchy seems unnerving. LOL Now you have me curious as to the voice in the basement...I hope that shawl turns out wonderfully gorgeous for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've hit a snag....I just can't find the right yarn for that shawl...but all is not lost, I found another shawl pattern that I hope to sink my knitting needles into! ((hugs))

      Delete
  2. Oh dear..it's very interesting...I am thinking about voice..hmmm
    Happy knitting dear..
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are back to blogging again sweet friend, you were certainly missed. ((hugs))

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness! I have no idea.
    Are bunnies coming for Easter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm bunnies? Oh now that is a thought. I do love bunnies. Hmmmmm. ((hugs))

      Delete
  4. You have so many voices in your head therefore I won't even take a guess...I hope Jo enjoys his trip to Sherri's....hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I would not say there are voices in my head, more like in my fingers. I honestly just sit down to write and my fingers just start typing. It all starts with a simple idea and then I just go for it. No voices...just ideas. :) ((hugs))

      Delete
  5. Well, I thought it was Mr. cross Stitch, so obviously I don't have any guesses. But then again, I've never claimed to have much of an imagination. I hope Jo has a good time with Sheri and you get your shawl done for Easter. You'll show us a picture won't you?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having issues finding the right yarn for the shawl...I might have to switch to something else to knit..but there will be pictures. :)

      Blessings to you as well sweet friend.

      Delete
  6. That was kind of scary having the door open up and cold air blow in! Hope it's not a monster! Thanks for the super neat comment you made on my blog today. I think you're a rock star too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so talented and awesome Teresa...you will forever be a Rock Star to me! :) (((Hugs)))

      Delete
  7. So glad to come back and find you and Mo knitting away, Vickie! I'm going to have to catch up on the saga... so I might figure out who the voice from the basement door is! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I need to get my guest room ready if Jo is on his way. I was hoping he might like to go and see Celine Dion while he's here.
    I'm still working on my Lords Supper. Eyeshadow it's taking awhile to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do think it is Mr. McFloss because he is married to you so he has to be a really nice guy, Lord I hope it isn't the next door neighbor who hunts.
    Love the story,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete