Sunday, March 16, 2014

CAL set for April 17th

My friend the fabulous Michele over at Mainly Crochet has put up a free pattern of a doily designed by Kathryn White. It's called "Friendship Doily".  Please go here to get your copy.

I will be hosting a CAL of this doily starting April 17th.  If you can't wait until then, and I totally understand if you can't, then please feel free to go ahead and make this lovely doily.  There are several color options you can choose from.

I will be making mine with Aunt Lydia crochet thread. Still not sure about the colors yet.
Please drop me a line and let me know if you make this...I'd also love to see your finished doily, too.

**************

On the knitting front I could not wait to get the lace yarn I needed to start the shawl, so I have started it using something from my stash....I will have pics soon...not sure how I like it, but I just could not wait any longer to start it....not begin able to crochet for a while, has kind of made me a little stir crazy...my hands have no idea what to do....I guess once a hooker, always a hooker!  :)

Wishing you a most lovely day. 

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely doily. I'll have to think about making it. I'm still trying to finish my Lords Supper CAL. Slow going!
    Keep warm and enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing TLS...I know it's going to be awesome. :)

      Delete
  2. How about spring colors for the doily? Blue, yellow, purple or green...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok..now I have to ask..why are you tempting yourself by looking at crochet patterns? I have not sent pics of doilies, I just didn't want to be a temptation to you during your lent journey. You know supporting you and all..but here you are..hugs my dear sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not really tempting myself because I will not crochet until April 17th. I believe in Mainly Crochet and hope that others will subscribe. We need more crochet publications and Mainly Crochet is awesome. Oh please do share your doilies and things with me...it won't tempt me. I have learned so much on this journey...when I stop and think of what Jesus did for all of us...what I have given up is nothing when you look at the bigger picture...but it was all that I had to give..for He already has my heart. :)

      Delete
  4. Say, the link you gave took me to a hat pattern. I'm glad to hear that you've been getting some crochet done.. woohoo.. show us! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you click on the link, you need to go up to the tab that says "free patterns" and click on that and you will find the doily. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Vicki: I'm going to download this and participate in the CAL. You'll eed to remind me closer to the time though. I will probably make this in solid ecru with size 10 Lydia thread. I prefer the solid color to keep or give as a gift since then it matches everything. I'm looking forward to seeing your shawl.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you are joining in on the CAL fun! :) I will start it along with the other doily and I were working on April 17th.
      Blessings always. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm in! Just got my colors picked out and everything! It's a busy two months, so I'll be starting it a little early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in too! Not sure if I'll wait or go ahead with it. We'll see if I can wait. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was directed to your site by my friend Mindy. I just finished my doily last night! Olive green and cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Oh I'd so love to see your doily. Are you on Ravelry or do you have a blog? Thanks Mindy for spreading the word. :)

      Delete