Saturday, February 15, 2014

The night the lights went out in....Kentucky!

There was a knock at the door.


I opened it and  to my surprise it was a police officer. I just assumed it was for Jo.

"Are you Mrs. Mc Floss?" he asked looking at his notes and then at me.

I smiled and shook my head up and down as to indicate...yes.

"Please come in."  I smiled and motioned for him to come inside.

"Mrs. Mc Floss is it true that on the night of February 13, 2014 Mr. Mc Floss and  a," he quickly looked at his notes, "Jo, left your residence around 6:00pm?"

I just looked at him without saying a word.

He then continued, "Along with a Mr." again he looked at his notes, "Cross Stitch?"

I said nothing.

"Is it also true that about ten minutes later a shot could be heard?" He looked around the living room and then back at me, this time he stared at me for a while and then sucked his teeth making a strange noise.

I said nothing, but then thought to myself, "So that was what that was."

"Is it also true that twenty minutes later Mr. Mc Floss comes back with," again he looked at his notes, "Jo and they both had muddy shoes?"

I said nothing.

"A Mr."  he turned the pages of his notes and continued, "Mo, has put out a missing persons report on Mr. Cross Stitch."

I said nothing, but did make a mental note of what Mo had done.

"Apparently, Mr. Cross Stitch was to meet Mo for a," he looked down at his notes, "And I quote, A stitch and bitch" last night but never showed up."

I said nothing.

"Do you know of Mr. Mc Floss's whereabouts on the night in questioned?" he asked me turning his head to the left.

I said nothing.

We just stood there for a while, he looking at me,  I staring back...and then he finally said, "Here's my card, if you think of anything give us a ring."  And with that he turned and walked back out the door.

Jo walked up the basement steps and stood there looking at me.

"Are you mad?" he asked softly.

"No."  I replied and then started to walk to the craft studio to get my crochet tablecloth and then turned to look at Jo and then said, " Would you think I were evil if I said....glad in a way?"

Jo smiled, "It had to be done," Jo said as he walked towards me.

I shook my head in agreement, "Perhaps if I had been more...." I started to say and then Jo shoved a gingersnap cookie in my mouth.

"Don't even start!" and with that he turned and headed back down to the basement.

"Why are you going back down there?" I asked.

He kept going down the steps and without turning he replied, "To get rid of the shovel."






18 comments:

  1. hahaha! We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I keep killing him off don't I...but this time...I think he needs to stay put...he's almost like a Stephen King character the way he keeps coming back to life! :)

      Delete
  2. Only You ;) I thought you going to tell us about power going out because of weather. Yes, one must always get rid of the shovel. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is starting to get better...we have hit a balmy thirty something today! Yay! :)

      Shovel? What shovel? Did we have a shovel? :)

      Delete
  3. LMAO haha that is so funny! You are one skirrley person my friend. Take that gingersnap out of your mouth and go help Jo dig up mr. Cross stitch he could still be alive! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late, I ate the gingersnap!

      Sadly, Mr. Cross Stitch is gone...long, long, long gone...we might have another funeral for him...well, you know, if they ever find Mr. Cross Stitch again. :)

      Delete
  4. ROFL Damn. Woman. It will be a long time coming before that MoJo ever comes back for the cross stitch. But that is A OK. Your knitting and crocheting are works of wonder and I love seeing them. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for the kind words about my work. :)

      Delete
  5. for some reason I have a feeling Mr. Cross Stitch will be coming back to haunt you..just hope he doesn't come in the form of a blood sucking vampire...lol..oh no that would be the knitting...lol...I made a funny.....hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh not only did you make a funny...but I feel a story coming on....love the blood sucking vampire aka knitting....that is awesome. :) Sadly there will be no apparitions for Mr. Cross Stitch. :)

      Delete
  6. Mr. Cross Stitch is going to rise from the grave again, you can not keep a good man down. By the way you are hysterical.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do realize that is you encourage me, I will continue to write? :)

      Delete
  7. Murder and mayhem around your house! Can't wait to see your crochet!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to have pics soon...alas I am a slow hooker! :)

      Delete
  8. Ha! I'll bet Mr. Cross stitch shows up again sometime. He won't give up that easily. You are such a hoot! I thought it was going to be a weather related post when I read the title.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see...not sure yet....they still haven't actually found him. :)

      Blessings to you as well sweet friend.

      Delete
  9. LOL! Oh, my!! We'll see if he comes back as a ghost! LOL! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe? Maybe not? :)

      Hugs and blessings always sweet friend.

      Delete