Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pineapples and spider webs....yum!

I am hooking something new.


First I totally have to blame Teresa for this....or should that be thank her? Hmmm?

Betsy is making her a lovely doily to go on Teresa's piano...I wanted to know which one and Betsy said that Teresa had picked this one out.

Ok, we all know I can't say no to a doily! I know, it's a truly sad fact, but I am a doily lover and well....shucks...I can't help myself, they are so lovely.

I am using size 30 white Aunt Lydia thread and a 1.00mm hook.

I am only on round six, so I have a long way to go....but so far, it's a blast.

Please head over to Betsy and Teresa's blogs...they are two truly awesome ladies and I think you will love reading their blogs!

Wishing everyone a day filled with many blessings.   :)

9 comments:

  1. Love the joy you spread with your projects!! =) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your doily. I'm on round 20! It really is a pretty doily. I'm a sucker for doilies too. Enjoy!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G. that's huge! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not seeing a doily anywhere...sad eyes..going to join up on betsy's blog...already a follower of teresa's....hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have went back and made my link color red, so now you can see where the link is at to take you to the doily. :)

      Now you need to follow Betsy, too!

      Delete
  5. I am all cuaght up with my reading, and I have to say you crack me up. So much going on as far as police, detectives, cover-ups, I feel like I am watching CSI, the cross-stitch version. Love that you are making the doily, Teresa, and Betsy are so wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief, that's an amazing doily! Size 30 thread ... 40 (or 60) inches wide ... that will end up being, what, 800 rounds? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you darling girl you.. I'm so excited that you and Betsy are making the same one! What fun is that!? I'm just so delighted and thankful that Betsy offered to do one for me. My poor piano needs something to protect it's top (and cover up a few scratches that are there). How fun is this!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun! Thank you for picking out the doily, it's so pretty. Betsy is always so sweet to help out, she's a true blessing. :)

      Delete