Monday, February 17, 2014

Long lost Mo

Jo arrived back at the house without Mo.


"Where is Mo?" I asked as Jo came into the front door.

"He ran away after the detective realized he was a crack pot."  Jo said and then walked towards the craft studio.

I followed behind him.

He started to grab all the cross stitch patterns, floss, fabric and place it in a bag that was laying on the floor next to a stack of magazines.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"We have to get rid of this stuff." Jo said and then began stuffing the bag with all the cross stitch stuff.

"Why?" I asked.

Jo stood up and then looked me in the eye and said, "Really? The police come here asking questions, Mo rats us out and you want to know why we have to get rid of all this?"

"Just because Mr. Cross Stitch is...." I paused and then said, "Otherwise engaged, does not mean I can't still dabble in cross stitching."

"Yes it does." Jo said and then kept stuffing the bag.

When he had put everything he could find in the bag he then tied it and started walking out the door.

"Aren't you going to put that in the basement?" I asked as he opened the front door and was headed towards the car.

"Did I leave the shovel in the basement? Why would I leave this?" he said and then placed the bag in the car and off he went down the road.

I admit, I was feeling rather sad about all the things that had happened....it was of course all my fault.

I had been complaining to Hubby about how I just can't seem to get cross stitching out of my system but every time I try to do it I really don't enjoy it anymore. I love the colors of the floss, the lovely pictures...but I do not enjoy actually doing it.  My mind always drifts off to thinking about crochet patterns when I cross stitch.

He simply replied, "Why don't you just crochet?"

I wasn't sure how to explain it, so I just started to babble. "It's not that easy. I have known Mr. Cross Stitch for over twenty years. We have a history. I mean, we don't exactly have a relationship anymore, but we do have a fond history.  I love the colors, the lovely fibers and the patterns...lovely pictures....I can't explain it."  I stopped and looked at him, by now his eyes had glazed over and he was giving me the deer in head light look.

"If you don't like it, don't do it!" he said and then got up to leave the room.

"Don't you do things you don't like to do because you can't seem to stop but really want to?" I asked.

"And that's why I am leaving the room now!" he smiled and headed towards the kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Clever that man!! LOL! Maybe we can learn something from him. =D blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I should really take a page out of Jo's book and just get rid of all my cross-stitch stuff too. I'll never be able to do it again with my eyes, but I too, look longingly at patterns all of the time and I can't bring myself to cut that final tie. So everything stays in a drawer in my craft closet just waiting for me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with hubby.. sounds like there is no good answer here. All I can say is do what makes you happy. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete