Sunday, January 5, 2014

Who Who.....Who Who.....blink...blink....Who Who....

I am in the thinking stages of making this.


It's a free pattern from Red Heart Yarns.

I have all the yarn downstairs in the basement....Mo is beside himself.  He went off saying that he put that yarn in the basement for a reason. I just smiled and let him go on and on about how I have  a zillion thread projects that need to be worked on and that this was ridiculous....

Jo just smiled while quietly getting gingersnap crumbs all over the sofa.

I looked over at Jo and then said, "Ok, let's go downstairs and get the yarn we need."

He was taking  a bite from a gingersnap when I said this and he just froze, looked at me as if I had grown a second head and then rolled his eyes and finished eating his gingersnap.

"What?"  I asked.

He quietly put his plate down on the coffee table and then looked at me and said, "You know you will get bored with this before you even get half finished, why bother?"

"Because it is adorable. And I have plans for this blanket."  I smiled and started walked towards the stairway.

"Come on Duffus," Jo said to Mo as he walked towards me.

"Why do I have to come?" Mo asked

"Because you are the genius that put the yarn down in the basement to begin with!" Jo said over his shoulder as he started down the stairway.

I could hear Mo sigh heavily and then follow us down the stairs.

Oh and I am also working on a thread tablecloth...so right now, as it stands I have the following projects to either start or finish as I am working on them now.

The Last Supper filet, The Mother Mary filet, the above owl blanket, the tablecloth and there might be a few others I have forgotten but will pick back up when I remember!

So what are you all working on out there?

Wishing you all a lovely day.   :) 

8 comments:

  1. I think this blanket need to take center stage. It is adorable. I am working on some mitts I hope to needle felt, then before I can start another project I am going to complete the African Flower Baby blanket I started for my great niece who was born in November, yes she is getting bigger and the blanket still is in time out.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little owl blanket!! Too fun. Okay, you're going to laugh but one of my friends and I are starting a CROCHET afghan. It is kind of a stitch sampler so we can try to learn. We'll see how that goes. ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is sweet! I do look forward to seeing you finish The Last Supper this year though Vicki!!!!
    I am currently stitching up two sweet poodles. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that owl blanket is gorgeous! I'm off to google the pattern now. Unfortunately I'm doing stitch from stash this year so probably can't afford to buy the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the same boat as you with working out of stash this year. (that is my goal). My stash is mostly Red Heart Super Saver so I was pretty certain I'd have it all...but any other yarn that is a worsted weight will work and you can change the colors to whatever you have in stash (I do that a lot).

      Happy Stitching!

      Delete
  5. HI Vicki, have put my yarn up for a while...going to be working with thread...love it. It looks like that pattern should work up quickly. I have a couple of things I have to finish up then I thought I might make something for valentine's day...sooner or later you will get tired of the stairs and move your stash up and out of the basement....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh la la, another project on the tabe! You go girl, I'm right there with you. So much to crochet such little time to do it all! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red34\green34\blue34;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

    \f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Such a cute, cute blanket. You are a very ambitious lady aren't you? I just began an all cotton afghan. I need to make a quilt this month and have a pair of socks to finish. But...the mittens are all done and I finished my scarf last night made from the yarn Gracie gave me. You'll have to let us know the final decision on making the owl blanket. :-)\
    Blessings,\
    Betsy}

    ReplyDelete