Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"What's up pussy-cat?"

It's no secret that I am sort of down in the dumps. Let's face it, I feel like a total failure. So I have been moping around the house a little.  I am working on my crochet tablecloth....letting out big sighs...feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders.


Jo walked in and at first he was just gonna head down the basement steps and then he turned to look at me. I just kept crocheting.

"What's up pussy-cat?" he asked as he walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa.

I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders.....did not even have the will to talk I was so down and out.

"Do you realize if every time I failed at something I gave up I would never have learned anything?" he looked at me and just sat there.

I stopped crocheting and thought for a moment.

"You are right. If I don't keep at it, I can never improve."  I put the crochet down and started to gather up the knitted tablecloth and pattern again.

Jo got up and started to head down the stairway towards the basement.

"Jo."  I said quickly.

He turned to look at me and then I said, "Thank you."  He smiled and then bowed his head and then continued down the stairway...about half way down he began to whistle, I had to smile when he did that. He only whistles when he is happy.

Here's the deal....I am going to continue to un-knit the remaining rows...and if that does not solve my issue...then I will rip it all out and start again. Period! I refuse to be taken down by knitting.

Gauge called and said he was thrown out of the house by Mere...can't really say I blame her, Gauge is kind of a jerk. He wanted to know if he could come back to my house and I said no. I have enough issues right now with the knitting.  He started to remind me of my tension for the knitted tablecloth.....and the next thing he heard was a dial tone.  Gee, wonder what happened?   :)


Wishing you all a most lovely day.  :)








6 comments:

  1. Oh I became so discouraged myself yesterday too. I make a counting error on Theotokos. I had to remove quite a bit. That wool yarn does NOT remain nice looking after being unstitched. And where does a person find replacement yarn from a Russian kit if they don't have enough toward the end?! I am hoping they gave plenty of spare, like they claim. Big sighs. Little breaks. It is getting fixed. You can do it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be discouraged. Who helped me to get through that lace sweater I made? You did, you kept telling me I could do it and you were right. It isn't that it is error free, I just fixed things as I went along.
    Good luck, you can do it.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a theme in the crochet/knit world this week. I ripped out most of that doily I was working on. After checking online I discovered that I was NOT the only person to have problems with this pattern beginning in row 15. So I ripped it back to where it made a decent size small doily, found a new, but similar), oval doily and began again last night. So far, so good.
    Keep plugging away Vicki, I know you can do it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm knitting a fingering-weight sweater with a color-work yoke. I did not knit the body long enough, and so had the privilege to rip out a TUBULAR BIND OFF (read: 262 stitches, kitchenered together...now UN-do that, and re-do it - ugh!). But, in the grand scheme of things, I have had more success than failure on this sweater, so there ya go! You've got this...keep at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it.. and don't be bummed out as remember there are people with way more to be unhappy about. You have a wonderful husband! I think all of us fellow crafters can relate with a pattern that leads us astray. I had to rip out that shawl I made 3 whole times before I understood that the pattern wasn't explicit enough! Keep on keeping on. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you can do it! I know you can, just take your time and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete