Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tablecloth Update





Here is a quick snap of my current tablecloth I am working on.  I am really loving working on this tablecloth.  I am using an ecru color and size 1.75 mm hook (although the 1.75 mm hook seems to developed legs and walked off, but that's another story for another day).

My table is small about 48 inches so I won't be making the entire tablecloth, but the pattern is so cool you can make it to fit your table and it will still look beautiful.

Did I happen to mention that now I am in love with making tablecloths..or should that be I am in love with the idea of making tablecloths since this is my first one and as you can see it's no where near being finished.  Yes, it's true, I do become "obsessed" with crochet patterns....and on that note, if you have a favorite please feel free to share it with me.  :)

Ok, now hold your breath....my neck tablecloth will be this one.



Is that not the coolest or what!  I have been looking for chickens/roosters to go in my kitchen ( I was thinking about making curtains) but when I saw this I just had to have it! Love these little guys.

So what's on your hooks/needles today?

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions to help out my friend.  She is back up and running. Thank you to everyone.  :)








14 comments:

  1. hey looking good...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally am impressed with your tablecloth project! I would like to make a nice big doily for my baby grand piano. I think I got a pattern, now to find it. I'm adding your blog to my blog list so I don't miss a post you do on this project! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is turning out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the tablecloth is looking great! And that pattern with the chickens... well you know that has my interest. Keep up the good work - that tablecloth will be so pretty in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these days I will venture into the unknown and create a tablecloth or 4. I have 4 tables that would be wonderfully happy with them. But it's just the courage to dive in that will motivate me I think. I have no round tables though lol. We'll see. Yours are absolutely beautiful. Well done on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will venture into this territory someday, I have 4 rectangle tables that are looking for love but I haven't decided on any patterns or color schemes yet. I do love the way yours are coming out....you've got a beautiful talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Yep. I'm back up and running...thanks to you. Several others had ideas that I tried, but in the end, it was your suggestion dear Vicki that worked!

    And now to your beautiful tablecloth. My goodness you're doing a beautiful job. I also love crochet thread and ecru is my favorite color of thread to work with. I can't wait to see the finished cloth. The pictured one is beautiful too. You're going to be a busy, busy lady.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really good! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am working on the dreaded baby blanket, and of course taking time off to red blogs, which is getting me o where on the blanket. I Love your tablecloth, like I always say you are my crochet hero.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rooster tablecloth, I'd love to do that one too. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're making great progress on your tablecloth Vicki. It's so beautiful. I really like the rooster cloth too. I really enjoy crocheting with thread too and have lots of doilies on my list to make this year. I just have to get the pesky other projects already started done first.

    I can't thank you enough for your help this week and your wonderful, sweet encouraging words.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful & that rooster one is amazing! You are so talented with your thread my friend : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOOKING GREAT, Vicki! And, you'll be whipping those roosters out before we know it, too! LOL! I'm still working on my one project... =) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous table cloth! I also find doilies stitched with larger thread and hooks make awesome tablecloths and are very soothing.

    ReplyDelete