Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Dearly Departed Friend

Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to honor the passing our one of my dearest friends.


In this time of sorrow,  I would like to reflect on my relationship with my dearly departed friend.
Though my heart is heavy with the burden of knowing that I will never see my friend again,  I take much joy in my remembrance of our happy times together.

I can not even begin to tell you about the hours we spent together in absolute bliss. Hanging out at the beach, by the river and there was even a few times we just spent time together in my car, listening to the radio while on lunch break from work.

My friend saw me through some of my biggest heart aches.....when I just knew I would die because Mr. Right turned out to be Mr. Pig and all my hopes and dreams were dashed...my friend was there, to see me through.  When I needed a shoulder to cry on because work was too stressful, my friend was always never. When the loneliness crept in, my friend was there, somehow knowing just how to fill that need. Never once complaining, always there....always.

Even when I found other friends and only spent a little time with my old friend....even this did not change our friendship, we just picked right back up where we left off. How truly rare is that in this day and age, Honestly, how many friends do you have like that?

I say with a much heavy heart goodbye to my sweet friend....I will forever remember you and treasure our times together.

In lieu of flowers a request has been made to honor my friend by doing a little cross stitching of your own!   When I get to missing my friend, I will take out my supply of DMC floss and all the patterns and scatter them about as if they were petals from a most lovely flower.

.......please refer to this post for a little background info.   :)



6 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you keep going back..when my eyes started to blur and I couldn't see those tiny holes I knew it was time...so may your friend rest in peace..well at least until the next time..hugs my dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Vikki-I stopped when my eyes started blurring, but I kept all the supplies and I sometimes look longingly at them and at patterns. even though I know anything more than a simple bookmark with 14 count is beyond me. *sigh*
    May your friend rest in peace.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should just take a nice break, and do not put pressure on yourself, do what you want when you want to.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow your muse... do your own thing.. be good to yourself.. and create what you want! That's my motto! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A difficult post to follow for the uninitiated. I'm glad I read back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed that you could even think about cross stitch... my poor eyes have failed me. I started knitting because it was BIG and I could not see to do smocking and French hand sewing for my first grandchild... Look what that started ! LOL! On to the next front! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete