Monday, January 20, 2014

Knitted Tablecloth


Here is my knitted tablecloth I am working on. I am using 3.5mm needles and size 10 Aunt Lydia crochet cotton in white. I am loving each and every single stitch!


It's not perfect, let's face it if I am knitting perfect doesn't even become part of the conversation, but for a first time tablecloth, I think it might be ok.  I hope to do many more and slowly develop the skill of knitting lace.  I love knitted lace.

Ok now we must all agree and pinkie swear to not tell the crochet (and that includes Mo and Jo) I can only image the stuff that would come out of Jo's mouth and the tears that Mo would cry...nope, we all have to stick together on this and not say a word.  Ok?  Ok!

I am still working on the crochet tablecloth, too....but not as much as the knitted one. But once I tire of the knitting (which translate into once I make a major mistake) then I will be back to crochet with bells on I am sure.

My goal is to one day be as comfortable with knitting as I am with crochet. I can find any mistake I make in crochet quickly and fix it, I have no stress when I crochet. When I knit I hold my breath and pray I don't make a mistake because I am not always sure I can figure out how to get back to where the mistake is at and fix it. But I figure that will come with time.

Oh my pattern is from I Can't Believe I am Lace Knitting, it's the Diamond Lace Tablecloth.



In the mean time, keep those hooks/needles flying!   

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh lady ~ I've never tired knitting anything like that. Beautiful job!!!

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Don't belittle your talents! And, no, I won't breathe a word to Mo or Jo. That would end in disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be so beautiful, Vicki! I'm in the exact reverse situation as you... I can quickly and fairly easily recognize and fix my knitting... but not so on crochet; though I have learned it is much easier to "back up". LOL! I think it is good for us to be learning new things. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a wonderful job! First time-shmirst time that is great work. (yes I made that word up). I love your line about changing when you make a major mistake, I just tell myself I am stepping back and rethinking my wip.Have a Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very pretty. I hope it keeps going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a great job on your knitted tablecloth. You must have a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, don't put yourself down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I am totally impressed. Your new name will henceforth be The Queen of Knitted Lace.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a gorgeous tablecloth Vicki. You're doing a beautiful job. I dug out a few patterns to look at once I finish my little hearts. You've got me in the doily mood. We wouldn't dare let Mo and Jo know any of this. It would surely end in disaster.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto what the others have said. My goodness, it's looking beautiful so far! Just keep a tiny hook nearby to catch those mistakes when you find them, and you'll be just fine! This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you Vicki, and please stop belittling yourself..you are trying something new..stepping outside your comfort zone..learning something new. So even if it isn't "perfect", is will be beautiful...but I'm staying with the hooks..hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good gravy!!! You're sure aiming high for this not being your place of comfort!!! Way to go! =D Simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete