Monday, January 27, 2014

Does any body have an aspirin?



I was knitting away all the way up to round 65, when all of a sudden I realized that I had made some sort of error way back around round 60 or so.  Which would not seem like a really big deal, until you realize that each round has 300 stitches.


What you see now is the before I had to un-knit all my stitches....which I am still working on that by the way.   I had the lifeline in and had taken it out to put another one in on line 65...and as I was doing that I soon realized I had messed up about five rows back. Everything was off by 1 stitch, except for the first sixty stitches of each row, they were perfect, but the rest of each row was off.    I had no choice but to rip...oh wait, I could not do that since I had taken out the lifeline.....so I am having to un-knit each and every single stitch. (note to self, NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER take out a lifeline until you are finished knitting the entire piece)!

I let out a big yell of, "I hate knitting."  to which my husband said, "I don't even want to hear it!" He is use to my out burst and hating knitting and never believes me anymore because every time I declare I will never touch knitting needles again, he'll come home and there I will be with knitting needles in my hands.  So he's given up on the idea that I really do hate knitting.

I am going to take a wee bit of a break today from un-knitting.  I need to feel that I can accomplish something,  so I am gonna work on the crochet tablecloth today.

I have a feeling before this tablecloth is finished I might have to go to Sam's and buy a huge case of aspirin...just saying!  Hmmm and diet Pepsi...I need to get a case of diet Pepsi, too...gotta have something to take the edge off you know.  :)

Don't give up on me....I really will pick it back up again....even if I have to rip the entire thing out and start all over....I am making that tablecloth!   Famous last words?

Hmmm I wonder if Jo could learn to knit?

Wishing you all a most lovely day.  :)

22 comments:

  1. I actually like crochet tablecloths a lot.. I don't think I've ever seen a knitted one! I do have a few knitted doilies, though. Hang in there honey.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have knitted one doily before and loved it....so I thought I could do this...and I can, but it appears it will just take some time...I refuse to give up. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. :)

      Delete
  2. I feel your pain! This is the one thing I hate about knitting ... it's so difficult to rip out stitches & pick up from an earlier point if, like me, you don't know what you're doing!!! A few weeks before Christmas, I added a new color of stripe to John's scarf & then realized I started the new color on the opposite side of the scarf from where I started the other color. I foolishly just pulled out the new color & was left with a mess. I managed to pick up the previous color's stitches but know I made a goof on one of the edges & I cant' for the life of me figure out what I did ... thus the scarf languishes on a little table behind me. I may end up totally taking it apart & starting again. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am the Queen of not knowing what I am doing when it comes to knitting, so I feel your pain on not being able to fix mistakes. But I am going to look at this as a learning experience...a way to grow...ok, that is the story I am telling myself and I plan on sticking with it, too. :) Hang in there sweet friend with your scarf. :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry it's not going smoothly. If it's any help at all, the tablecloth looks beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet.. :) It might take a lot of effort on my part, but in the end, it will be worth it.

      Delete
  4. It looks great, don't give up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words...and I will press on....how else will I ever learn if I don't. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh man! Big bummer. Well, go ahead and take that break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give up on me...I will press on...you know me. :)

      Delete
  6. Yes, caffeine is a great comfort, especially for those of us who don't drink whiskey.

    Oh my word, Vicki. All I can say is: you're a better woman than I am, Gunga Din. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they do say that what does not kill us makes us stronger...so perhaps at least I have that....right? :)

      Delete
  7. Oh Lord! Isn't there anyway you could figure it out and add a stitch or knit 2tog to make up for the mistake? I think I would rip it all out and start over, but that is me, the no lifeline girl.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish, but it's off by one and since it's a diamond pattern the diamond shape will not look right. I so wish I could be the "no lifeline girl" like you sweet friend....but alas I cling to my lifeline as if..well, it were a lifeline! :)

      Delete
  8. "You are braver than you believe,
    stronger than you seem,
    and smarter than you think."
    Pooh bear

    I hate knitting too....I get too overwhelmed with it to go past the beginner's stitches. I see stuff like what you're working on and hyperventilate. LOL Even with the boo boo...it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that just settles it! I have to continue on now after hearing the kind words of Pooh bear (and his thought friend). :)

      Delete
  9. I don't have any asprin..but I have some tylenol...I am sorry you are having a hard time with the knit thing..but hey..I am a hooker and knitting makes me a cranky old person...you know you could just pick up the hook, put the needles down and walk away..lol...just kidding. Do what makes you feel good girl..hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know....back away from the knitting needles before someone gets hurt....I know! :) Blessings sweet friend.

      Delete
  10. I have Advil! I think it looks great and was about to echo Meredith's idea of just adding a stitch or knitting 2 together, until I read your answer. Oh my! I've never used a lifeline, but I've never knitted anything like that tablecloth either. I think I'll use this experience of yours as MY learning experience and use lifelines and not take them out until it's done, (if I ever adventure forth to a tablecloth)! Pepsi is my caffeine of choice too. So as you said, put down the needles and back away before someone gets hurt. Take a deep breath and ...knit on!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't let me discourage you from knitting a tablecloth...but yes, I would most certainly keep that life line in there until the thing is bound off and finished!

      Blessings always sweet friend.

      Delete
  11. My, it's beautiful, and the mistake doesn't show from her, but I admire your spirit of perfection. I, too, have never used a life line. I'd just drop stitches as I got above each diamond and knit them back right with a crochet hook. :). Because I'm crochet brained!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh!!! Frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete