Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A relapse for my old friend.....Hmmm down for the count? Get it, cross stitching, down for the count?

First, go here to find out what I am talking about. That way I don't seem more crazy butt than usual.

Ok, now that you've read that post and see what I am talking about. I have to say this.


My dear friend had a relapse and has been rushed to Urgent Care. I was pacing back and forth in the lobby until Jo (remember from MoJo, as in stitchy MoJo) looks me straight in the eye and says, "When will you let go already?"

Of course the under-dog lover in me shouted NEVER! But Jo just smiled, he knew. Crap! He always knows. Mo on the other hand was leafing through a Modern Bride magazine that someone left behind. No, I did not ask...I thought it best to just let that dog lie, ok!

So the entire time I am waiting to hear if there is any life in my old friend, Jo says in a monotone matter of fact type voice "Hmmm still puzzled that the square peg won't fit in the round hole are we?" he asked while shaking his head looking at me.

I was speechless, for a while, we all know I am way to mouthy to not talk for long, so I asked him why he thought this time our friend was not gonna make it.  I was shocked at his reply.

"Oh the poor bugger will make it, but he's not 100%, it's almost cruel what you are doing. Can't he just get some peace and you move on?" he asked.

I wasn't sure how to respond to that. I mean, when the cross stitching fever hits me, I can't think of anything else but cross stitch, but it goes away pretty quickly.

"Maybe the next time you get inspired to stitch you should have a little lay down on the sofa and wait until it passes." he continued on.

I started to open my mouth but he raised his eye brows and I knew he was right. I knew that I just didn't have the love for cross stitching anymore.

I love the fibers of cross stitching, I won't bore you with how much floss I have (ok, it's embarrassing because for someone who has lost their gusto for stitching I sure do seem to keep buy the stuff, but I digress).

So tonight as I take my latest stitching off the Q snaps, roll the fabric up and put it all back in the stitchy closet....I will not have images of dancing cross stitch patterns in my head, instead it will be doilies.
For doilies are like potato chips, you can't have just one!  :)

Sending out blessings to you one and all...oh, and would anyone want to read more of Hollow's Edge sooner than every Saturday? Not sure if you are all bored with my writing yet or not. Just leave me a little comment and let me know.  





13 comments:

  1. Good luck with the next phase of your crafty life. Now, if you need a good home downunder for any of your stash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think I had better keep my stash, because there is always the slim chance the Jo will come back and then I'll want to stitch again. :)

      Blessings always

      Delete
  2. Well, I am sad to hear that cross stitching is going bye bye again. But I do not know how to crochet. I just admire everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if I lived closer I'd show you how to crochet. I know when I first learned to crochet (and read the patterns) it was like learning a whole new language. You can also put crochet edgings around your cross stitch, for crochet makes beautiful lace. :)

      Blessings always dear friend.

      Delete
  3. Wow, You need to keep MoJo at your house,lol!
    Ok, yes, I would love to read more of your stories more often than once a week. I totally enjoy your style of writing, a lot of fun to read, So keep them coming.
    On another rant, I received my thread from Vikki yesterday so I off to start the CAL doily.
    Crochet on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seeing my name along with the word rant..scared me a little..jeepers..hugs

      Delete
    2. Sherri-

      Thank you for the kind words about my writing. There will be another post tomorrow with more of the story. :)

      Looking forward to hooking the June doily with you on our CAL. :)

      Blessings always dear friend.

      Delete
  4. Good Morning..You are absolutely right about the doily, you can't just stop at one. I don't know if it is the doily, or the thread that keeps one coming back. Although I am seriously considering an afhgan pattern. I have it sitting on my desk and look at it everyday.. I just need to buy the yarn. As far as your story telling, you know I love it..post as often as your big heart desires and I will read. Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks for the kind words about the story telling....

      Blessings always dear friend.

      Delete
  5. Sorry the cross stitching is gone again for you but I do understand. I used to love it but those holes are just too little for me now!
    I love your stories. More please!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the holes are tiny, but I just can't seem to get into the groove with it anymore. I am content with a crochet hook in my though. :)

      Thank you for the kind words about my writing. :) I'll have a post tomorrow with more of the story.

      Blessings always dear friend.

      Delete
  6. Okay, I understand that you need to have both Mo and Jo to be able to do your cross stitch, but I have to know – did you finish your mermaids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no...I've got a ways to go before that happens. But don't give up hope, you just never know when MO and JO will get back together again. :)

      Blessings always dear friend.

      Delete